Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday the 12th

This is yesterdays story:

Since I had the day off, I had decided to do some chores that I have not had time with during the week, like laundry for example. I put everything in the machine, it started and everything was peaceful, UNTIL I decided to take it out. Nothing was clean; actually it was even more dirty then when I put it in, and to add to it, it was soaking wet and a little lake had been created in the washing machine. Hm, I though, well, I just have to do it again. So I drained the machine (by hand) and put back the clothes, closed the door and pressed the start button. But apparently, I have underestimated the power of my midget hands, because all of a sudden, the start button said såaighags. and disappeared into the back of the machine, leaving a freaking whole where it was supposed to be.

But I didn’t let this bother me too much, since I for once in Malta had some nice evening plans with my coworkers. I dolled up all nice and fancy, started to walk (hm, still have not figured out how the buses work) when I realized I needed some cash. So I went to the only withdrawal machine I knew, put it the card, pressed my digits, but NO. Sorry, this machine will not accept your freaking card today. I tried it once, twice, a hundred million times, until I realized the machine said såaighags: WARNING WARNING, we will take your card soon. So I took out my card and decided to go home.

But this did not bother me too much either, since back home I had some episodes of Geordie shore (new favorite tv show) waiting for me, I came in, turned on the light and all of a sudden the light went såaighags.. Total darkness. No worries, I thought, I will just go to the switch panel and switch it back on again. No success.

After sitting alone, in my dark room all glammed up, I decided: this cannot be! There must be something I can do. And I remembered seeing the main switch board for the whole house down in the lobby. AHA! Lets go down there and see if I can fix it! I went into the elevator, but all of a sudden the elevator said såaighags. The doors didn’t close and everything went black. But this didn’t bother me too much, since I could always use the stairs. Free exercise! Down in the lobby, I could see that there was a strange red light on the board. Hm, I thought, I should not touch the switch, because who knows what could happen. I will just press this button. So I did. And it said såaighags and now the whole house is without electricity.

So now im sitting here in my pitch black room in hiding, like Im freaking Saddam Hussein of Maltese electicity. Im sweating my balls of since the AC is not working. But at least I am not alone with the darkness anymore, since approximately 20 other households are experiencing the same thing.

FML.

1 comment:

linnea said...

jag älskar dig, det här är så grymt.