Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gabi´s facebook do and donts

Im at work (to my boss, if you read this, Im on my lunch break...) where facebook is forbidden. A painful reality for a crazy facebook stalker addict like myself. So to get over my facebook withdraw, I made a little list about what I think is acceptable and not so much acceptable in the world of facebook.

Do share funny experiences, but dont copypaste some random bullshit about nothing.
Dont poke people, it is confusing! Why does someone poke someone and what are you supposed to do with a "poke". Are you supposed to poke back? There is NO LOGIC to the poke!
Do fall in love, but please expect that if you are too lovey-dovey on facebook, people will press hide on your facebook-updates.
Dont harass me with your new book, project or whatever, sending me a personal message. If you have something cool going on, or if you updated your blog, just post it on your wall. I will find it and probably like it to.
Dont believe that bullshit about how employers look at your drunken night out-pictures just to figure out if they will employ you or not (but they might look at your blog after you already are an employee). They will look at your CV and how well you do at your interview, soo...
Do leave your profile a bit open. It is freaking annoying when you want to stalk people and they have decided that only the dear 2148 very close friends can see.
Dont untag yourself in pictures where you look like you the twin brother of the hunchback in Notre Dame. You probably looked like that (photo proof) that night, and it is like free entertainment for us all, even yourself!
Dont ask me to be your friend just because you saw me on the "you might now this person"-advert. If you knew me, we would already be friends on facebook (since I stalk people like crazy and add them after I have spoken to them once). My profile is open to anyone anyhow.
Do write to people even if they dont answer you back, but...
Dont be suprised if they respond by giving you the FACEBOOK DEEEELETE-treatment.

And most importantly:
Dont freaking forbid facebook at work, it drives people like me insane and makes me write meaningless blog posts.

2 comments:

Rebecka said...

jag fick vetskapen igår om att facebook var förbjudet i kina.. stämmer det? använde inte du FB när du var där?

Gabbis said...

Jo facebook är förbjudet i Mainland china, men eftersom HK är en specialzon med sin egen lokala "regering" fick man använda det där, som tur var! Men när vi var i Kina och åkte, och för den delen vietnam, så var FB förbjudet. Man kunde typ komma runt det med proxyservrar och sådant, men då gick facebook ASLÅNGSAMT. Oh hu, vad hemskt det var. Jag har även fått veta att det finns ett fejk-facebook för alla kineser, som ser typ ut som det och fyller samma funktion, så ja. Haha, där var en massa info till dig. Är det fint med dig annars?