Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Conversation with Malin

For you english speaking readers, you might not know that a regular feature on this blog is conversations with my best friend Malin (haha sorry Malin, since I cant use facebook at work, this was the only picture I could find on google). We usally talk about animals, but sometimes we talk about "the big questions". That happened the other day.








Malin:
Ever since we talked yesterday, I cant stop thinking about what happens after you die! How you can just disappear from the face of the earth!
Gabbis: When I took a class in creative writing, my teacher read this short novel about a russian worker and how he dies and then, the last time someone says his name, and then the last time someone reads his name. After about a 100 year or so, there was no trace of this human ever being alive!
Malin: You live and you die, and then you have a burial place for a while, until someone else needs your spot, because you have been dead for too long, and they just died!
Gabbis: I read that Simon Cowell would freeze himself after he is dead!
Malin: Why?
Gabbis: Yes that is what I was thinking too? Im a dualist, and I dont think that your soul just hang around in your body in like forever! And anyhow, most people die from age, how can they fix that in the future? With a face lift?
Malin: And does people in the future really want Simon Cowell to be alive again?
Gabbis: It is not like our civilization hasnt got enough people on the earth! Will they have them like a back up-population. "Oh no, the swin flue hit us again, half of the earths population is dead, we better unfreeze Simon Cowell".
Malin: Also, where are they going to store all these bodies? Are they going to shot them out into space?
Gabbis: Is that Orion? No it´s just Simon Cowells dead body floating around!
Malin: Looking at the stars will have a entirely different meaning!

(As compensation for that picture, I googled myself and found this, hope we are even)


No comments: