Thursday, September 22, 2011

Enjoy?


At work, we never have our lunch at the same times, which means that you often sit by yourself while you eat your food. I don't mind, I often read a book or think about what I should blog about. Anyhow, people often come into the lunch room to get coffee or whatever. Many of them have a tendency to look at you a bit awkward and then proclaim: ENJOY!

Enjoying life
This confuses me so much. What are you supposed to say to that? "Yes I'm enjoying the food", "No I'm not enjoying this food", " You can also enjoy". It doesn't make any sense!

After thinking about this a whole lot longer than should be appropriate I today decided that "Thank you" is the best, but also the most boring, answer. So about 30 minutes ago, when I was in the lunch room, I was prepared.

Stranger: ENJOY!
Gabi: Thank yo...

And at this point I see how a half-eaten macarone comes out of my mouth and catapult itselfs through the entire room and lands on the strangers back.

Next time Im just going to nod, because I dont think that experience was enjoyable to anyone.



2 comments:

Rebecka said...

ahhahahhahahhaha det konstiga i det här är ju att någon säger "enjoy" från första början.. tycker då jag..

Gabriella said...

Ja det tycker då jag med! Varför skall de göra det? Tänk dig om du satt i sverige och åt och någon främling bara kom in och sa: NJUT! Hur märkligt som helst!